Thursday, August 12, 2010

Worst day in a long time!

Today has been the worst day in the history of August days in 2010.

This morning around 7:30am my cat started meowing. I paid no attention like always. BUT THEN. I noticed she had jumped up onto my bed (I usually dont let her sleep with me) and she proceeded to PEE on me (hence why she doesnt sleep with me).

Not a good way to start a morning. So I stripped my bed, and changed my clothes (mom was in shower), grabbed my cup of coffee and that's when I knew that it was going to be one of those days.

Around 9am I got ready to go to Walmart, the bank, and anywhere else I needed to go. I got to my car and turned the key....NOTHING HAPPENED...my battery had died. When this happened I dont know. I hadnt used my car since Monday, so who knows how long it had been that way.

One thing I did notice about my car was that the drivers door was partially open, as though it hadnt quite gotten closed. So I figured that the light had stayed on and drained the battery. I called my Dad and told him to come jump-start my car but I had to wait until 11:30am. Great.

When he finally got here, we couldnt push my car down the drive-way so he had to maneuver his to the front of mine (not good for the neighbor's flowers). Well, jump-starting didnt work. My car still wouldnt start. Luckily my neighbor had a battery charger and I was able to get that hooked up. Unfortunately, it had to sit for two hours.

So I took my Dad's car on my errands and when I got back my car would actually run. Of course that couldnt be the end of it. Apparently, my silent security alarm was going off, that is what drained the battery, not the open door.

What caused my silent security alarm to go off you may ask? Oh Ill tell you. The alarm would only go off if the car was forced open. LIGHT BULB. My door was partially open (remember!).

SOMEONE TRIED TO STEAL MY CAR!!!!

Oh if that wasnt the icing on a perfectly good cow pie of a day. I simply thought it was my haphazard closing of a door, but nooooooo someone actually tried to break in. This is the same car that someone slashed a tire on.

Dear thief/tire slasher,

I get the message. You dont like me for whatever reason. Whatever it is I have done, please move on, it must have happened oh so long ago. I am so sorry for it, but could you do me a huge favor and LEAVE MY CAR ALONE.
Thank you so much,
Megan

So I wrap up this post with the hope that tomorrow is a MUCH better day. But until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment