Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Decisions. Decisions.

I went to GWU this past Friday to walk around and get a feel for the environment. I also discovered that my program isnt on the main campus but the campus 10 minutes away from the main one, this was disappointing but hey what's 10 minutes right!?

Pluses to GWU: they recycle (yes I consider that)
their printers automatically print on both sides of the paper
they are supper friendly
they have a great facility
they have a specific program
oldest program in the nation (FBI asked them to start it!)
they have excellent connections (most the professors work in the field they teach)

Downfalls: expensive tuition/living
location

Now let's analyze Syracuse University

Pluses: they have a great location
they have relatively inexpensive living
they have a super friendly environment

Downfalls: they have a new program (3yrs)
they are located 10 hrs away
their program is less specific/more generic
their connections aren't as strong

So by the looks of it GWU has more advantages...now I guess I just have to make a final decision, stick with it, and call the loser...

No comments:

Post a Comment