Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Over and Out

Today I took the GRE (graduate record examination). I received an 1100, not including the writing section. I'm not too sure how good of a score that is, but all of my graduate school options require at least a 1000, so I feel alright about it.

I must admit that until the test ended I was so completely nervous and stressed that it felt like the day lasted a year. The test is much like the undergraduate SAT, except that the analogies are so completely ridiculous that I had to look up every one in the practice book. I was so spastic that I arrived an hour before the test. I had to fill out a form that said I wouldn't discuss the test and I had to answer questions, get my picture taken, and empty my pockets. I felt as though I was about to enter prison!

Oh well...that part of my life is over...once I get into a school I will never have to take a test like that again. Let's just hope that I get into a school. There are 8-9 slots available in each program. That means that I am completing with hundreds to get the best slot in the best school. The pressure is on!!

However, I am not even going to think about deadlines and applications until I go back to school. My first one is due in October. But no...I don't care. I get to go to the beach next week and relax...for the first time this summer!

Wish me luck, pray for me...either way I'm going to need it :)

1 comment:

  1. YAYYY!! Congrats Meg! It's over! Now go to the beach, have fun and don't think about anything except looking sexy in a swimsuit and picking up gorgeous guys ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete