Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Old Maid"

As many of you know, I'm single. I like it that way...most days. I love that I can come and go as I please and I don't have someone adding more stress into my life. I don't have to make sure someone is happy, I just have to look after myself (which is a chore). On the other hand, it would be nice to have someone to comfort me in bad times. Someone who would be there for me through anything. I need that. This year is going downhill fast and there is no one to turn to. In times of stress I'm happy to be single. I've watched my roommate deal with it and I'm thankful it's not me. But in down times, when there is nothing else, I feel that void that a guy could fill.

I'm not saying I need a guy so I'm not bored. I'm saying it's always nice to have that special someone. Always. It's finding him that causes the problems.

I'm so stuck in my own world (Chemistry and classes) that I haven't had the opportunity to go out there and meet someone. I've decided it would be best to find someone who isn't in my bubble. Someone who doesn't understand the world of Chemistry. That would make it easier to relax. I know my standards seem high, but for my well-being I feel it's best. However, as nice as it sounds on paper, I will never get the chance to find him. I'm not being a debbie-downer, I'm being realistic. I only know science majors and I only talk to guys in my classes. I have no outside friends or acquaintances. It's sad but logical (when you spend 10hrs in the science building).

College is the typical time to find the person you are meant to be with. My college career is almost over. Yes, I am going to grad-school, but if I didn't have a life in undergrad why should I assume I'll have one in graduate. The statement is simple: I'm looking. That is all.

"When the sun goes down and the stars come out to play, that's where you'll find me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment